Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Eternity Cure: sequel to Book of Awesome

What? Oh... why yes! That IS an advanced copy of Julie Kagawa's The Eternity Cure on my iPad...


Two weeks ago, I had the opportunity to meet the oh-so-stellar, Laurie McLean, at the San Francisco Writer's Conference. Laurie is the ROCK STAR agent for Miss Julie Kagawa, who wrote the Iron Fey series, as well as (my favorite), her new vampire dystopian series, Blood of Eden. Blood of Eden made a smashing debut last year with the Immortal Rules, and, seriously guys? If you haven't read it yet... PUT IT ON THE TOP OF YOUR TO-READ LIST!!!! RIGHT! NOW!

Its amazing. 

Before I'd read the Immortal Rules, I thought I was done with vampires. Stoker, Rice, Meyer... I'd pretty much read 'em all, and I wasn't really interested in yet ANOTHER vampire book. 

Oh. How. Wrong. I. Was. 


I was completely sucked (hardy har!) into this world that Julie Kagawa created. Its basically a vampire dystopian. If any of you have read I Am Legend (not the movie, which is different than the book), or The Strand, it has a similar vibe, in which vampires are the next step in evolution and humans are raised like cattle. I could NOT put it down!! 

Anyway, after I gushed to Laurie about HOW MUCH I FREAKIN' LOVED THE IMMORTAL RULES, she told me she'd try to get me an advanced copy of the sequel. Like, no big deal, right?

This was me: 


[Closed captioning: EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

There also may have been some serious finger crossing going on. And a bit of freaking out. And probably some embarrassing exclamations of joy. Just a few.

Anyway, now that I've got my handy dandy advanced reader copy of The Eternity Cure, I plan on settling in for a long day of uninterrupted reading! Are you totes jealous yet?

*sigh*

Its a hard knock life, ya know? 

8 comments:

Samantha May said...

That sounds awesome! I confess, Twilight is the only vampire book that I've read. However, this series sounds really really cool! I'll need to add it to my list :)

Mandi said...

HaHa! I have to say, I read the Immortal Rules and I liked it, but I've been so fried on the Vampire Genre that I even gave up my Vampire Diaries on the CW. I think I might come back to them--in like a year. LOL

I'll buy Breaking Dawn 2 when it comes out on Saturday, but that's about as close to Vampires as I'm going to get for a while. LOL

I think after the whole phenomenon of Twilight I'm just over it. Though, I do LOVE advance copies of stuff. It makes you feel like you're part of an elite club! :D

Julie said...

Samantha: DO IT! At any rate it is SO much better than Twilight, so you can't go wrong ( :

Not that I didn't go gagga for Twilight myself. Cause lets be honest. I did.

But this was better!

Mandi: You only "liked" the Immortal Rules?!

O_O

That's my surprised face!

I think I read it like THREE times last year. Haha!

And agreed... advanced copies rock. I know I'm one tiny advanced reader in a huge sea of advanced readers. BUT STILL. Its like THE FIRST advanced copy I've ever gotten, so I kinda feel like I won the lottery. Just a bit. Heehee ( :

Mandi said...

Um... *scratches chin* I think if I wasn't so burnt out on the genre, I too, would have "loved" it. It reminded me of Anne Rice who pretty much is the queen of Vampire books. :) I mean, I gave it a four on my Goodreads which means I "did" like it. LOL

Julie said...

Mandi: True words. I can totes understand the vamp burn out! Guess its one of those you'll pull out in a few years, read, and change your Goodreads rating to a five ( : Haha!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

I'm totally green with envy!

Julie said...

Heather: Its amazing! Put it on your TO READ list pronto!

Musica