Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Read: The Eternity Cure

Soooo... since my VERY LAST POST was about The Eternity Cure, I feel a tad bit obsessive that this one is ALSO going to be about said book of awesome, The Eternity Cure

Sorry guys. I promised a review. 

Can I help it if the book was so addicting I couldn't put it down?

No seriously, I really couldn't. Hubbs and I actually had a fight on Sunday about who got to commandeer the iPad for the morning. He needed it for a meeting. I needed it for my fix.

Meeting schmeeting, said I! OBVIOUSLY, I won. 

Now I'm not entirely sure how reviews are supposed to operate when the book has been yet to be released to the public. I've perused Goodreads, and no one seems to be giving any reviews of substance, yet. So I'm assuming spoilers are frowned upon. Which means at some point, I'll probably have to update this review to reflect certain opinions on certain events that most certainly should remain untold at the moment. Suffice it to say, though, this book was AWESOME SAUCE!


Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.





New and old, there were lots of things to love...  

I loved Jackal. Even though I simultaneously wanted to strangle and kiss him every other page. I love snarky wit... seriously. Does it get better than wit? Its hard not to love a vamp who has it in spades! 

I loved Zeke (always!), who seems to have grown a pair since the last book. Which, lets be honest, is awesome. His new bad boy I'm-not-afriad-of-you-anymore vibe? Its hot. 

I loved Kanin. He's got the stoic mentor role down pact. And I loved seeing the "dark side" of vamps through his torture (cue Darth Vader music). Not that I condone torture or anything, of course. But it did bring more depth to his character, which I appreciated. 

And yes, I even loved Phsyco Vamp. Because he's probably ONE OF THE CREEPIEST VILLAINS EVER!!!! Holy. Crap. I'm scared of him and he's totally fiction! Sarren is the stuff of nightmares. For. Real. And I loved him for it. 

The only thing I didn't like was the cover. Don't get me wrong, turquoise? It ranks up there on the favorite color list, only second to red in my book. But still. I loved the first cover. It was awesome-ly creepy with the blood tears and all... Alas! I shall morn you, awesome first book cover design!

The Eternity Cure was very bit the kind of stupendous follow up you CRAVE in a sequel! Put this one on your calendar peeps, April 23, 2013, you won't wanna miss it!

The only draw back to an advanced copy? The wait time between book 2 and 3 just got THAT much longer... *sigh*....



2 comments:

Aurora Smith said...

HAHA. Thats amazing. I hate being afraid of books. I Had thes hinning outside when I was a teenager, at night time.

Julie said...

Aurora: Well if Psycho Vamp doesn't make your blood chill and raise the goosebumps on your arm, I don't know WHAT will. HE IS SO CREEPY! Bring on the nightmares! Haha ( :

Musica