Yay! I just received the Super Sweet Blog Award from the lovely Samantha May, over at Writing Through College! Thank you awesome girl! And since I've made it a quest to blog every day for the duration of November (aside form Sunday, cause I believe a girl deserves a rest now n' again!), I decided to pass on the love!
1. Cookies or Cake
Cake. Unless its cookie DOUGH... in which case, is there really even a question??
2. Chocolate or Vanilla
3. What is your favorite sweet treat?
Oreos in milk... mmmmm....
4. When do you crave sweet things most?
At night. Its bad.
5.If you had a sweet nickname what would it be?
Um... are there any names I could actually come up with that wouldn't sound like a hooker name? Heehee.
Samantha also tagged me in the Next Big Thing Challenge. So here goes nothin'....
1. What is the working title of your book?
Current project: The Sunshine Patriot
2. Where did the idea come from for that book?
The book is a sequel to my first book, Keepers of the Flame. The idea for the series came around because of my fascination with how dystopian societies actually got to their point of "no return," so to speak. I wanted to explore the actual demise of a government. I also love the Revolutionary War time period, and thought it would be kind of cool to write a "second" revolutionary war in the modern day!
3. What genre does your book fall under?
YA Political Thriller
4. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I rarely think about actors when I'm writing my characters. I DO like seeing what other people come up for me, though! The only character I have a face for is one of my bad guys, who I always picture as Cillian Murphy. Love him!
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
When a murder uncovers her Congressman brother's part in a plotted coup on the United States government, Essie Hall joins the resistance to save the country she loves.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Trying for an agency first! But I'm not opposed to self-publishing, if that becomes the best option.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I'm not finished with the The Sunshine Patriot yet. But it took me 'bout a year to write the first draft of Keepers (I was a first year law student at the time, so I'm pretty sure that earns me mad props too... woot, woot! Heehee.)
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Honestly, I don't really have anything to compare to. I'm not aware of any other YA political thrillers on the market. If you know of any, PLEASE TELL ME!! I would love to read them!
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Errr... this is kinda like question 2, no?
10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
Action. Blackmail. Murder. Political intrigue. And a dab of romance to appease the ladies ( : What's there not to love?!
I hereby pass the baton onto Barbara Kloss, Lauren Hennessy, Mandi Tucker, Kristen VanDyke and D.V. Shepard. Go forth and blog, awesome writers!