Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Deep thoughts on Blogs

I've come to the conclusion that I really like agents with blogs. Like, a lot. Sure, the agent researching process can suddenly take 2-3 times as long, ESPECIALLY when you come across a like-minded individual who just happens to write posts you can't get enough of. But sometimes, the company website just doesn't cut it, you know? A blog allows an agent to express his or her personality... likes, dislikes, preferences, weird habits--like drinking a 12 pack of diet orange soda everyday (which, incidentally, made me feel much better about my own escalating Diet Coke addiction)--etc. These things while seemingly completely random, silly, and irrelevant, can be very useful when writers like me are trying to narrow down which agents would be most receptive to our cause. A blog really does open a window into the agent's personality. I've read about many an agent expressing frustrations over the fact that writers send in material that is not relevant to anything they are looking for. To those complainers I have but one suggestion: get a blog.

No comments:

Musica