Monday, November 30, 2009

Bummer

I returned home from Thanksgiving break to a bummer of a rejection. One particular agent that I had my eye on as the "golden choice" for an agent, shut me down over the break. To be fair, this particular agent is EXTREMELY busy, I imagine, due to a recent brilliant business decision on her part which propelled her career--I'm sure--to the highest level possible. (Trust me, you'd all know who it was if I told you who this agent represents.) So I don't really think she's blowing me off when she says that she's really just too busy. I believe it! It wouldn't surprise me at all if this particular agent isn't even taking on new talent for the time being.

Anyway, so while I didn't actually expect to land this agent (it has always been sort of a far fetched fantasy) it was still sort of a bummer to have the reality of a rejection come to pass. (sigh) Time to start sending off more letters!

No comments:

Musica