Monday, September 21, 2009

Delayed by Dooiling

My Entertainment Law professor, Richard P. Dooling is an actual novelist/screeenwriter for Hollywood. Yes, he is one of the smaller fish in the big pool of Hollywood writers, but the point in fact, is that he is "in." He's written 7 books--5 fiction and 2 nonfiction--and as an author (him) to a "wanna-be" author (me!), he graciously offered to read my query letter before I tried it out on any agents. After mulling over the draft (the one I posted on the blog) for a little while, making changes and such, I sent Professor Dooling my letter on Friday. He responded enthusiastically that he would read it that weekend and get it back to me with notes and suggestions on how to make it better.

Have I ever mentioned that patience is not one of my virtues? (sigh) It's not.

So while I can accept and acknowledge the value of having an industry professional review my work before it is slaughtered and torn apart by other industry professionals... its just so stinkin' hard to wait!

1 comment:

Rob the Awesome said...

...Julie ten paciencia mi amor. Pienso que su profesor es bien ocupado y que le va a devolver su comentario ya pronto.

Musica