Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday...

Hello, lovelies! 

Today I joined a blog event called "Waiting On" Wednesday, which is hosted over at Breaking the Spine, and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. As I'm constantly on the lookout for delicious new books to read, naturally, I thought this was a smashing idea. Bring on the books!!


My chosen pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection TECHNICALLY came out just yesterday, so I know, I know--it's already published. But Since it was JUST yesterday, and I haven't read it yet, I figured I'd put it up anyway:


End of Days, Susan Ee



End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy.



After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.


When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other? 




You guys, I love this series in a bad way. I randomly picked Angelfall up in the store one time, not having any idea what to expect--and was hooked by page 2. I then proceeded to devour the first two books, only to find out the third wasn't due out for a looooong time. (Gah! CURSES!) Anyway, if you haven't read this gem (which, incidentally, started out as a self pub-ed book... YEAH!) definitely check it out. You won't be sorry!!

What about you, lovely readers? Any wonderful books to recommend? (Anticipated OR published??) Lay 'em on me!

7 comments:

bibliojunkies said...

We are looking forward to this one as well! Great pick :-)

WOW 

Nat

Drea Shane said...

I haven't read this series, but I am curious about it! Looks really good! Thanks for stopping by! I'm a new GFC follower!
<3

Chrys Fey said...

I've heard about this blog hop and seen a few people post for it. It's always fun to see what books they are anxiously waiting to come out.

I've never read this series, but I love stories about angels so I HAVE to look it up. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

@Bibliojunkies: oh man... it's gunna be one of those all-nighter books. I can feel it already! Haha!

@Andrea: Oooo! Definitely check it out!

@Chrys: This is my first time on the blog hop. I thought it looked fun, since who ISN'T always on the lookout for a good book to read, right?

And oh my gosh, YES!!! Pick it up!! It's amazing!

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with this series, but it does seem interesting looking at this book.

Rachel Pattinson said...

I've heard about this series (because I was researching self-publishing success stories...sad, I know ;)) - I downloaded a sample - it wasn't my cup of tea, but I hope you enjoy it!

I love the idea of this blog hop, I might have to check it out and sign up! At the moment, I can't wait for The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh to come out in the UK - it's out in America, but it won't be published here until June :(.

Unknown said...

I totally need to read this series now it's finished, I've had the Angelfall on my shelf for years and haven't gotten to it. Don't know why, really, I mean, totally badass.

Musica