So there I was... put-puttin' it up the 610 today in stop-and-go rush hour traffic, hating the fact that its Monday and that I'll have to do the said stop-and-go traffic routine at LEAST 4 more times this week (I usually get lucky if I'm up early enough in the morning... no traffic then! Just at night...), seriously contemplating just going to bed right when I got home (yes, at 7 o'clock at night, don't judge), when all of the sudden...
I GET A BLOG AWARD!!
From none other than my online-blogging-bestie, Barbara Kloss!
For those of you who aren't stalkin' Barb's blog, you should. She's awesome. He posts are always insightful, inspiring and humorous, and she always, always, ALWAYS has a big blogging smile on her face with lots of writing support to spare! THAT... and did I mention she is an up and coming YA author? Barb is publishing her fantastic, magical, YA masterpiece, Gaia's Secret in the very near future (sorry, Barb, I'm not sure the exact date!) Definitely jet on over to her blog and check out that amazing, go-getter woman!
FYI, this fantastic award is in German, so those of you scratching your heads wondering were you went wrong, never fear! "Liebester" means "dearest," and is a term for close friends (correct me if I'm wrong, Mike!) This award spotlights totally-rock-awesome bloggers with 200 followers or less. Now the Rules!
1) Thank the giver (I heart you, Barb! Thanks for thinkin' of me!), and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
2) Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
3) Copy and paste the award on your blog
4) Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers!
5) Last, but far from least, HAPPY BLOGGING!
My five super-duper awesome picks are:
1. Lauren Hennessey--was my first Houston friend, who I met at none other than a writing critique group. Is there any better recipe for friendship than that? I think not! Lauren is FULL of encouragement and support, and is quite the rock-awesome, super hero-lovin' nerd, so those wanting to lose five bucks in a comic-book-or-nerdy-movie-trivia contest, she's your girl!
2. Nikki Loftin--MAY have more than 200 followers, I'm not sure (she doesn't have the follower counter displayed on her blog).... BUT... she's awesome anyway! Nikki gave a FANTASTIC presentation at the Houston Writer's conference in May. I could not get enough of her snarky humor, outgoing personality, and great advice! Her first novel, The Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy, is being published in 2012. Way to go, Nikki (J.K. Rowling, who??)
3. Ru--cause she's freakin' hilarious. Her posts are not all writing related, but never fail to make me laugh! Plus, Ru was my first blog stalker (ahem--follower) whom I'd never actually met in person, so I figure that kind of gives us a weird cosmos connection of some kind. Woot, woot for lawyers who wanna-be writers ( :
4. T. J., aka The Frost Lord (he's a self proclaimed superhero... awesome, right?!)--who seems like such a dedicated writer! I'm always impressed at the effort that goes into his blogging, and from the snipits of his book I've read, he will be a YA force to be reckoned with at some point. Plus, his fav. book is HP. I mean, if that doesn't give him like a thousand and one brownie points right there, I don't know what does! Seriously, check out his blog, it's impressive!
5. Lana--why Lana, who lives clear on the other side of the world from me? (I've never been to Australia!) Lana is such a goal-oriented writer. She even has a little tabby thing on her blog with yearly and weekly writing goals. SO cool, right? She's an inspiration to dedication, and is definitly a fellow writer I could learn a few tricks in self-dicipline from!
What are you waiting for? Go check out these awesome writers! Happy Blogging, peeps!