Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happiness

The day before yesterday I got a fabulous text from my little brother, who proclaimed his anger at me for "leaving him hanging" at the end of my book. And--after having stayed up staying up late into the night reading--how upset he was that he'd have to wait a whole year or so for the sequal to come out.



[insert jumping for joy here...]



I'm sorry, I know he's my brother, so his compliments have to be taken with a grain of salt, but I just feel like beaming every time someone finishes my book and loves it! I know I have work to do, and that the manuscript is a work in progress (and probably always will be up til the moment it is sent to the printers) but its so rewarding hearing positive feedback. It's definitely a much-needed moral booster!

On another note... I sent about 10 query packets out yesterday at the post office. I like sending snail mail queries, because although they take longer and cost more in postage and printing, I'm more likely to get an actual response (be it positive or negative) than I am if I send an email query. You'd think it'd be easy for agents to hit the "reply" button and send back a quick rejection email, but I suppose things aren't always what they seem. Through this process, I've discovered that email querries are very "iffy" on the responses. In contrast, if you include a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with a snail mail query, you're at least guaranteed a standard form rejection letter in return, which I believe, is MUCH better than scanning your email everyday, wondering if you're being rejected or ignored by agents!

No comments:

Musica